July 05, 2013

Fashion selection : the Aztec trend

Hello !

Today I decided to take a closer look at a trend that's everywhere at the moment, in every shop and on every girl in the streets : the Aztec trend.
Aztec print is a kind of geometrical pattern which has been on trend for some time already. Whether it be black and white, multicoloured or neon, I think it is perfect for summer, when the sun is shining and you want to feel like you're on holiday.
You must have seen it everywhere too, it is a great trend for this summer, and actually looks quite cool and casual on a tank top, paired with shorts and little sandals. An average summer outfit, it is. I've made a selection of Aztec printed items from two different shops. I love to do these kind of selections because it makes the hours I spend on online websites more relevant ! Yeah because I could be wasting my whole afternoon scrolling on several websites, staring at clothes I'll never be able to buy... but if I share with you some of the things I find interesting, it means that I actually have a goal when doing this website checking haha. Anyway too much ramble, let's start the selection !

First is one of my favourite shops, New Look ! I found quite a few Aztec items on there, because the website has so much on that it's quite easy to find interesting pieces !

This one is a pair of light denim boyfriend shorts, with a faded white Aztec print on it. I guess this will not be to everyone's taste because the boyfriend look is kind of a love or hate trend, but I think for summer these shorts would be so easy to style and to wear for hanging around or even to go to the beach if you don't want to go out with only your bikini on.


These shorts are £19.99, and you can find them here.

Then I chose two dresses. The first one is a pretty skater dress with a cut out at the back. It is black and dusty pink, and seems to fit the top part of your body very well. The cut out detail is really cute and the design is so cool, you could wear that dress to go out if you dress it up a little bit.



It is £19.99, and the link to it is right here !

The second dress is a midi dress ! This is the type of dress that I find amazing on other people but that I would not wear myself, don't think it would flatter my figure. And it's a pity because I think this is a gorgeous shape ! this dress is black, blue, pink and beige, with an Aztec print all over. It is beautiful, very summery, and cheap ! What else ?


The dress is £16.99, and you can find it on the New Look website here.

Now on to the tops ! I've got two, still from New Look (no, I'm not getting paid by the shop to promote their clothes, I promise !). The first one is a crop top. Crop tops are a major trend at the moment, for summer, and they are really cool. With high-waisted shorts or skirts, they look amazing ! This one has got black, white, pink, blue and green Aztec patterns on it. It is short-sleeved, very simple, but I guess it would look great with a black high-waisted midi skirt or something like that.
It is only £9.99 on this link.

The other top that I chose is a bit different from the rest of the things I showed you, but I really love it, I think it's quite special. It is a light grey vest top with a metallic Aztec print on it. It seems to be all shiny ! And I think it would look great on a night out, with a skirt or black shorts and heels. Have a look by yourself :



I. need. it. Unfortunately, I haven't found it in my local New Look and it makes me sad... But I'm not giving up on this !
It is £14.99 and can be found here !

Second and last shop of the selection, H&M ! I've found two bags, they are of different styles but both perfectly on the Aztec trend.
The first one is a black and white pouch bag, with a fake leather shoudler strap. As it's black and white, it goes with everything and could be worn with any outfit. 

It is only £14.99 though it seems to be good quality ! find it that way !

The second bag and last item of this selection is a little messenger bag, very cute ! It is light brown with a peach, blue, pink and black Aztec print. It looks smart and trendy at the same time I think ! It is smaller than the first bag, and must be handy just to go out in town.

The bag is also £14.99, here is the link to it.

***

That is all for my Aztec selection ! I do apologize though because I've picked items from two shops only, but that's because I've chose only products that I really like, and I couldn't find anything interesting in other websites, although I checked a few. Hopefully my next selection will include more shops than this one ;)

Julia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment