January 22, 2013

DIY flowered garland


Hello !
As I said in my first post, I made a DIY garland with Cath Kidston-esque paper. I wanted to do this for so long, I think it's a cute detail to decorate your room and make it look nicer and more personal.
It's the easiest thing to do : you only need sheets of beautiful paper, a pair of scissors, some string and a compass (or anything you can use to make holes in the paper).
I cut little triangles in my paper, four of each colour. My garland is quite short, but this is the length I wanted.



Here are the paper I used... I bought it in a stationery shop. Those flowers are so pretty !
So I cut my little triangles, and made holes on the top ends to put them together with the string.




After doing that, you just have to take your piece of string and link your triangles together !
Your garland is then finished. Simple but efficient !




And... this is the final result in my room, I decided to put it on the wall just behind my laptop.
I quite like it !



I'm already thinking of making another one to put on the door of my room... 
Isn't that pretty ?

Julia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment