February 03, 2013

Review : Rêve de Miel lipbalm, by Nuxe

Today I thought I would do a review of my favourite lipbalm, as this product is so useful at that time of the year ! And the one I'll be talking about is the Nuxe Rêve de Miel (« Honey Dream ») lipbalm.
Nuxe is a French brand, mainly known for its famous oil, l'Huile Prodigieuse (I may do a review about this too since it's very good.). Nuxe products, for face, body or hair are considered very good quality by most of the people who tried them.


 (Sorry for the picture, it's not mine but that's because I already finished my lipbalm so the jar is empty. See I've loved it so much that I used it completely !)

The Reve de Miel lipbalm is really the best I've ever tried. It is in a little jar of 15g, and it can last for months. The texture is very thick and unique (I've never seen any other lipbalm with this kind of texture), it protects the lips and moisturises it well. Another good thing is that the balm stays on your lips for a while : sometimes I put it on my lips before going to bed, and I still could feel some balm the next day !
I also love the smell of it, not too strong, not too artificial (and nothing very sweet, despite the honey used in it). 

If your lips are very dry, you can use the lipbalm to have them moisturised and healthy again. It will make your lips feel and look better after only a few times using it !
And if you want perfect lips, the best thing to do (which I tried and definitely recommend) is to put a thick layer of the lipbalm on your lips and leave it all night... the next day your lips will be smooth, ready for makeup and for the cold when you go outside.

One thing that I don't really like about this lipbalm is the packaging : you have to use your finger to take some product, and it isn't the most hygienic thing, of course. But if you don't like this packaging, you can find the same product in a stick. But unfortunately the texture is not the same, it doesn't moisturise as much as the jar one. I've tried both, and I must say I'm a little disappointed by the stick... it is good when your lips aren't that bad, but if they are very dry or chapped the jar lipbalm remains the best to use.

Anyway this Nuxe lipstick is the best I've ever had, I would definitely recommend it to survive through winter temperatures !

Julia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment