February 12, 2013

The Beauty Tag

Today I thought it might be good for me to do a tag, to get to know me better.
And it was also fun to answer to these questions !

So here it is...

1/ What's your favourite makeup look ?

It has to be a very simple and everyday look : a flawless face, eyeliner and a beautiful lipstick (either bright during the summer or darker in the winter). I think you can't go wrong with this look, you can make it look simple for a normal day, or twist it with red lipstick for a night out. Easy !

2/ Do you have a beauty vice ?

My beauty vice is to change my nail polish very often, and take hours to choose the one I want to wear. I sometimes put one on and then take it off one hour later, because I don't feel like wearing it after all. So much time wasted, but I can't control this, unfortunately.

3/ What part of your body do you love ?

I love my waist area, I think it's a very feminine part of the body. And I quite like my hands too, and I take care of them a lot (I feel terrible when I cut one of my fingers or when I get burnt !).

4/ Who is your beauty icon ?

I don't really have a beauty icon, but I would say every girl who can keep it simple all the time. Right now, I'm thinking of Natalie Portman and Emma Watson. Particularly Emma, she is very classy, all the time, and can definitely be a true role model.


 I think she's stunning !

5/ What beauty product makes you feel instantly sexy ?

Eyeliner definitely makes anybody's eyes look gorgeous and feminine, I think it's the sexiest kind of makeup style, classy and timeless.

 
6/ How do you look after your skin ?

I use facial cleansers (I like trying new ones all the time) in the morning, sometimes after taking off my makeup and then just before going to bed. It may make my skin drier but I can't stand the idea of a dirty face so I do it all the time... and my skin is naturally oily so it helps a lot, it would be more awful if I had dry skin.
In the morning I'm currently using « Aqua Marina » by Lush, then I put my Bioderma moisturising and matifying cream for oily skin. To take off my makeup when I come back home, I use the Bioderma Eau Miscellaire for oily skin. Bioderma is a very good brand, and they have products for every skintype and all seem to be pretty effective !

 
7/ What is your signature scent ?

I don't have a very defined signature scent (I often try new perfumes), but I always come back to my two favourites : Brit by Burberry and Flower by Kenzo. But my real signature scent must be my hair products' !

 
8/ What are your hair secrets ?

I have been quite torturing my hair lately (bleach for an ombre + colour on top), and as it's also naturally dry and curly, I moisturise it a lot : olive oil masks twice a week (luckily it doesn't make it oily), and a two-minute mask for dry hair (always trying new ones, currently using a l'Oréal Elsève one) after my shampoo (for coloured hair). When it's dry, for my hair routine, I put some Huile Prodigieuse by Nuxe on the ends, to nourish it a little more. And when I have to do my hair in the morning, I use some mousse to define my curls.

9/ How do you pamper yourself ?

When I want to take care of myself, I run a bath and put a Lush ballistic in it (I absolutely adore those things !). That makes me feel better and more relaxed !
And sometimes I wear lipstick for no reason, just because I feel like doing it. It strikes my mother a lot, she doesn't understand why I'm putting red lipstick on just to stay at home all day long. I don't understand it either ! It's just my thing.

 
10/ What is your beauty pet peeve ?

No surprise, but my beauty pet peeve is when a girl wears a foundation that is way darker than her skin. I really don't understand, it is not flattering at all and really obvious, they couldn't even pretend they can't see that it's not matching their skintone. These girls may have excuses, but nothing they would say could make me change my mind about this !

11/ Do you have a beauty philosophy ?

My beauty philosophy would be « do whatever you want, as long as you do it well ». You want to wear a smokey eye to go to university/work ? Go for it ! You feel like wearing red lips today but you're only going to the grocery store ? Put that lipstick on and don't forget to smile !
Beauty is just about feeling good with yourself and having fun.


So that's it, I answered all questions !
I may come back at the end of the week with a collective haul to show you, I've been buying quite a few things lately and it would be nice to do that - my first haul ever ! :D
Bye !

Julia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment