March 20, 2013

Let's talk about : skater dresses

Hello !

If there is one thing I love in the world of fashion and clothing, it is skater dresses. I think their shape is the cutest, you can wear them in any situation, it can always fit ! So I thought, why wouldn't I do an article about this type of dress ? It is very in trend at the moment so we can find many in almost every shop - but even if it disappears of the fashion sphere one day, I shall be faithful to them until I die !

I picked up a few dresses I like, in different websites and in different price ranges.
Here we go !

The first one comes from my favourite shop, New Look. You can find so much stuff in there - not always very pretty I must admit, sometimes there are some oddities in the depth of their online shop - and often prices are affordable.
I spotted this light grey dress, very plain and simple, but the sleeves are the cool detail : they are leather-like. You can easily style this dress with fun tights, or a big necklace, or a denim jacket for example.

You can find the dress here for 19.99€ (but you can change the price in pounds if you live in the UK)


Next dress, from the American equivalent of New Look (in my opinion, at least) : Forever 21.
They have so many things in their website, you could easily spend your entire day searching for clothes/accessories to put on your wishlist.
The dress I chose is a blue lacy dress. I love the romantic feel of the lace, and the bright blue colour reminds of spring and summer. But the belt they put with the dress doesn't match it, I think. Anyway the dress itself is enough !


It is in the Forever 21 online shop for 21.75€, but again you can change it  into your own money.


Then I've got a dress from the online shop Boohoo. I've never shopped there and never had any of their products so I cannot tell you about the brand, but I was looking around when I saw this dress and I thought it would fit in my article quite well !


The dress is very simple, sleeveless and classical skater bottom part. The cool thing about it is the pattern : aren't those flowers lovely ? It is very wallflower looking, "granny style" as some of my male friends would say - but they don't know anything about female clothes heh.
With black tights and ballet shoes, and maybe a cardigan on top just because it's still cold these days, it would make a very simple yet pretty look !
The dress is here, for 30.00€ (quite pricey when you think about it !).


The next two dresses are from H&M. I wanted to take one but I liked both and they are very different. On top of that they are quite cheap so it's all good !
The first one is a simple black sleeveless dress, printed on top. I love the tiger print, which is very in at the moment, I've seen it in Forever 21 and New Look already, if I remember well. The eyes of the tiger are strange, I must say... Deep green eyes we have here.

You can find the dress on this page for 14.95€ only !

The second dress from H&M is very simple, but its bright colour is beautiful and reminds my of the spring to come ! yes, I can't wait to be in spring and to stop wearing coats and scarves and jumpers... When the suns come back I'll probably be wearing dresses like this one !

 Again it's not very expensive, the link is here and the dress costs 24.95€ - of course you could find cheaper ones, maybe in Primark when you are in the UK, but in France we don't have this kind of "cheap shops" where you can make loads of bargains, so I think 24.95 is quite good for an average dress here !


My last dress is from Asos, and precisely from the Curve range. It is a grey lacy dress, with a cute detailing at the front, with the heart-shaped grey fabric underneath the lace ; it has little lacy sleeves.
Like almost everything that has lace on it, I find it romantic and cute and feminine. 


The dress is available here for 36.36€.

***

That's all for my little skater dresses ! As you can see we can find plenty of these dresses everywhere, and of every style - plain, printed, lacy, and I'm sure you could have dotted ones, striped ones, etc. 
You can always find you perfect dress.


See you next time !

Julia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment