March 08, 2013

Review : Love Lettuce by Lush

Hello !

Today I'm making a review of one of Lush's fresh masks, Love Lettuce ! 
Honestly I don't understand the name, even more because it's very different from the French one, how did they translate that and why... But that doesn't really matter after all.
I wanted to try one of these fresh masks for a long time, and I finally decided to take one. According to how they were described on the website, Love Lettuce was the one that suited me best. 
Here is what Lush says about it :

"This mask is a seaweed gel with exfoliating granules through it. 
Ideal for those who want to clear away dead skin and brighten the face, whilst also gently treating it to softening ingredients."

Exfoliating + brighten the face + softening ingredients = perfect !

So it looks like this :


Yes in French it's called "Balançoire", and you could translate that by "swing"... Strange !

This product is made of agar agar gel (it's a seaweed - I prefer explaining that just because before I bought this I didn't know what agar agar was), honey, almond oil, lavender oil... and some other things but you can have a good idea of the product just with those.

Concerning the texture : the mask is not as thick as it looks on the first picture. Not too thick, not too liquid, just the right texture to apply on the face without struggling to put it nicely everywhere. There are a lot of almond pieces in it, so that when you put it and when you take it off, it exfoliates your face naturally - meaning that you don't have to rub your face yourself.
But you have to be careful when after you apply the mask : when it dries, the pieces of almond can fall very easily. Even just by slightly touching your skin with the tip of your finger, almonds will just fall from your face. That's not a big problem, of course, but it's worth being noticed.



I won't post a picture of my face with it - but you can easily imagine what you would look like if you put it !

Now for the smell : as many Lush products, it's quite a strong smell. It doesn't stay on your skin or on your hands after you've used it, but you have that smell from the moment you apply it to the moment you take it off. It smells of lavender, and I know some people really hate this smell so think about it before buying, if you don't like lavender this mask can be very unpleasant to use. 
I personally adore it !

And finally, for the result !
I've used Love Lettuce maybe five or six times since I got it (about two weeks ago). I've read that you can use it two times a week or so, but I use it more - sometimes just as a sort of cleanser, without leaving it ten minutes on my face. It's not really a cheap product and I have only ten days left to use it so I don't want any waste hehe.

Now that I've used it a few times, I can notice some changes on my skin. It seems brighter ; the skin looks less tired than it did before. As I have a combination to oily skin, I have (well, I had !) some dry areas on my face, mostly around my nose, and when I wore foundation it was awful. After I started using Love Lettuce, this dryness slowly disappeared and now it's completely gone ! I'm very happy with that.
And when you take off the product, your skin is very soft and matified for a while. 

***

To sum up, I think Love Lettuce is a very good product, of great quality. You can definitely see a difference before and after you've used it, the face is a lot prettier then.
Would I buy it again ? Yes totally, but not for now : I want to try coalface by Lush too and I cannot buy them both at the same time, but I will surely come back to Love Lettuce later !

You can find the product here !

Julia xx


No comments:

Post a Comment