March 23, 2013

Review : Naked Nail Polishes by Urban Decay

Hello !

One of the last times I went shopping, I bought the Naked nail polishes by Urban Decay (I posted it in my haul). I finally tried them all, and made some swatches to show here.



The first thing you can see is that the colours are very beautiful. They do remind of the eyeshadows. The only exception may be "Hustle", which is here a dark purple with silver undertones, whereas the eyeshadow is a very dark brown. For the rest of them, they quite look like the original colours.
They are all easy to apply, the brush is not too big nor too thin. They all lasted me long, though I took them off about 3 or 4 days after I had put them (I like to change my nail polish often). 
Here are the polishes :

Naked is a nude beige colour. Although it's a nude it's quite opaque and you can go with two coats only. For this swatch I wear three coats. It almost looked like my own skin colour, sometimes I had that weird feeling that my nails had disappeared ! but it is very classical and perfect for work, if you can't wear bright or sparkly nail polishes.



Sidecar is, as in the Naked palette, a light beige colour all sparkly. The nail polish has a nude background colour, with silver glitter in it. With one coat, you only see the glitter, so maybe you could wear this polish on top of any other. But you can also wear it on its own, with three coats it looks like this (but you can go with two coats, that would be okay) :



Sin is a sparkly pinky colour. It is so beautiful when the light goes on the colour, it looks all bright and pretty. Again, a kind of neutral colour that goes with almost everything. I'm wearing three coats here.



Smog is a bronze colour with gold highlights under the light. It is a sparkly polish, just like the eyeshadow. I have three coats here.



Hustle is a sparkly dark purple. As I said, it doesn't look like the eyshadow of the same name but it really doesn't matter, the colour is beautiful. I don't wear dark nail polishes a lot, and I didn't have any purple in my collection. This one is cool, but I think will suit better in the autumn/winter, these days I tend to go for lighter colours. I put three coats (I always go for three coats anyway).



And finally, Creep is a black with silver glitter in it. It is much more sparkly than the original eyeshadow, I must say. And it is very pretty and would be great for a night out or a party. 
The only problem is that I'm not used to wearing black nail polish, I don't know why but I always find that it looks sad on me, it doesn't suit me. That's a pity, because the colour is amazing ! I'm not gonna wear it very often, but maybe keep it for nights out. I only have two coats in this picture, and it's enough to have a good opacity. Sorry it's badly done, but I took the picture right after putting the polish on. I usually take off the nail polish on the sides of my nails : even though I paint my nails all the time, I still do it very badly and I put nail polish everywhere on my fingers. Clumsy me !



***

That's all for the Naked nail polishes ! I hope the swatches are alright, my camera cannot zoom very well (it's a quite old one *sigh*) so I did the best I could.
I really recommend them, the colours are pretty and almost all of them are wearable everyday.
I bought them in Sephora for 24€ - that's less than the price of two O.P.I. polishes, so it's fair enough. I don't regret buying them at all.

See you next time !

Julia xx


No comments:

Post a Comment